Harney County Library
- To apply for a library card, prospective patrons should be Harney County residents (or own property in Harney County) and present picture identification showing their current address. In the case of identification that has not been updated, a piece of mail, rent receipt, electric bill or some other item showing the address will suffice.
- Children may get their first library card when they are 4 years old.
- Parents must show picture identification or already have a library card and sign library card application for youth, 17 years and under.
- New patrons may check out up to 6 items. After 6 months, new patrons may request to have their checkout limit increased to the maximum allowable. Exception: if a parent is in good standing, children will be allowed maximum checkouts at the request of the parent.
- The borrowing period for all items is three weeks. There are two renewals available. Patrons must be in good standing in order to borrow items or use public computers.
- Computer use is restricted to patrons who have read and agreed to “Harney County Library Computer Use Policies.” Parents must sign, in person, the registration card if a minor child (17 and under) is applying for computer privileges.
- Courtesy is expected of all library patrons, so that the library may be enjoyed by all citizens. Young children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.