How can your library help you as you begin the first steps of finding a new job? We have internet access plus tons of great tools available for crafting a dazzling resume and cover letter.
Internet access –
NEW TO RESUMES?
- WorkSource Oregon hosts a weekly virtual workshop centered all on resumes! Learn techniques and strategies to create, or refurbish, your resume for industry specific, job tailored, and unique-to-you uses. Discover tricks snag the hiring teams attention. Understand how to pass the ATS system from robot to human eyes and more! Visit our Worksource page to see their available workshops.
- LibraryExpress has a great tutorial which takes you through the different parts of a resume, what keywords to focus on, etc.
- To access the tutorial, log into the LibraryExpress Career Accelerator and click Start Tutorial under Great Resumes.
- Need some inspiration? JobNow features sample resumes in a variety of industries. Once you choose your industry, it gives you the option of scoping down to an experience level that is comparable to yours!
- How to access: visit JobNow, log in with your library card, click Optimal Resume (found underneath the Resume column), then click Resume Builder Samples, then click Samples!
- JobNow features an award-winning resume builder that you get FREE access to with your library barcode number.
- Learning Express also has a resume builder; visit their Build Resume and Job Letters page and click Launch Career Tool under Build Your Resume.
- Live coaching: Need help while filling out your resume? You can get assistance from a live expert!
- Coaches are available every day from 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM PST.
- To access: Log into the JobNow website and click Live Resume Expert (located under the Resume column).
- Get Feedback: Finished updating your resume and want it analyzed by an expert? Submit it to BrainFuse’s Resume Lab and get feedback within 1 business day!
- To access: Log into the JobNow website and click Resume Lab (located under the Resume column).
- Learning Express has a great tutorial on the fundamentals of a cover letter.
- To access: Log into Learning Express' Resume and Job Letter page, click Start Tutorial under Great Cover Letters.
- Need some inspiration? Read sample cover letters on JobNow. They have options for a variety of industries and experience levels.
- How to access: visit JobNow, log in with your library card, click Optimal Resume (found underneath the Resume column), then click Letter Builder Samples, then click Samples!
COVER LETTER BUILDERS
The library has two great options for building a cover letter.
- JobNow Cover Letter Builder: This award-winning software can be found on the JobNow website.
- How to access: visit JobNow, log in with your library card, click Optimal Resume (found underneath the Resume column), click Get Started, input your contact information for the builder, then click Create New Letter.
- Learning Express’ Build Your Letter Tool
- How to Access: Log into Learning Express' Resume and Job Letter page, click Launch Career Tool under Build Your Letter.
Authored by the staff at Harney County Library!